Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday chatter

Hello and happy Sunday everyone! Today I will talk about a lovely cake I made and just talk about the random things floating around my head, plus the kids :)

The Cake!
Its a Caramel Pudding Cake! It's ingredients are what you usually have in the pantry so it was fairly simple.

1 cup butter
3 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup milk
3 cups boiling water


Directions:

1. Cream butter and granulated sugar.
2. Add flower, baking powder and salt.
3.Stir in milk and mix until smooth.
4.Spread into greased 9x13-inch pan.
5.Boil water and dissolve brown sugar(add in 1-2 tablespoons of butter for a stronger caramel flavor). Pour over batter.
6.Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.


Be very careful when putting the cake in the oven because the liquid mixture easily sloshes over the edge.
After baking it is a yummy cake that everyone can enjoy.
What it looks like fresh from the oven. I suggest waiting for it to cool and the caramel sauce to set a little. Goes great with some vanilla bean ice cream :)


Okay! Next topic! Kids! Saria is in a phase where she is always right and her imaginary friend is quite the trouble maker. I personally am not a fan of her little friend. He lives in her closet and moves things around the house. According to her, he is not very fond of me. I am unsure of his name because she isn't allowed to tell me or say it out loud. He honestly gives me the creeps.
Drake keeps battling an illness. As soon as he is better he gets sick again. I will spare the dirty details but everything I am concerned about just about everyone tells me its no big deal. He is having tummy troubles, not really gaining weight (probably because of the tummy troubles) and his breath. His breath has a fruity nail polish remover scent or like a bad fruit on the bottom yogurt a good portion of the time. I will get to the bottom of it all. Overall though he is fairly happy.


Random thoughts in my head. I really want to go back to school. I want to work for the USGS or ISGS. I love the world of Geophysics. Why can't my local university have a decent program for it? Why can't I find into classes for online schools? *insert whiny sob*


Well thanks for checking in today! Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment